Oakheart property is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GRPR).
This document will outline:
- What data we collect
- How we collect your data
- How we will use your data
- How we store your data
- The type of cookies we use
- How you can manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other third party websites
- How to get in touch with Oakheart property
- How to contact the ICO
What data we collect
When you contact Oakheart Property by filling out forms on our website or by contacting us via email or telephone, we may collect and store personal data in order to deal with your request. This may include the information you provide when requesting a free property valuation or when enquiring about a property, and may include:
- Your full name
- Email address
- Telephone number
We may also collect additional information once you engage with us for services or products relating to estate agency, which may include:
- Gender & marital status
- Nationality & National Insurance Number
- Employment & tax status
- Residential status & time at your current or previous address
- Financial information such mortgage agreements, bank account details etc.
How we collect your data
When you enquire or register for products or services provided by Oakheart Property Ltd we may collect personal information from a number of sources.
Most of the personal information we have will have been provided by you during the course of our relationship, either through filling in a form on the website, via telephone, email or face to face contact.
How we will use your data
In line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing your personal information are:
- With your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by emailing [email protected] or calling 01206 803 308.
- We have a contractual obligation
- We have a legal obligation
- We have a vital interest
- We need it to perform a public task
- We have a legitimate interest
Oakheart property Ltd will use your information to provide you with the products or services you require, in addition to answering any questions you may have. For the purposes of the website these may include:
- Responding to your website query via email or telephone
- Providing a free valuation of your property
- Providing an accurate quote in regards to our products or services
- To identify any issues with and improve your website experience
We may also use your data to provide you with the estate agency service you have asked us to provide, which may include:
- Helping you sell your property
- Valuing your property
- Finding a property to purchase
- To provide a tenancy agreement
Sharing your data
We may be required to share your personal data with the organisations set out below for the purposes of fulfilling the above.
- Service providers such as IT administrators and software providers
- Professional advisers required to process your product or service such as lawyers, bankers, accountants and auditors
- HM Revenue & Customs
- Third-party marketing providers (only when consent has been given)
- Third-party organisations who we may choose to sell, transfer or merge part or all of our businesses with.
How we store your data
Any data you provide to Oakheart Property Ltd. via a contact form on the website will be stored within our secure cloud-based server
All other personal data will be stored on our computer systems and paper record, which are subject to strict security procedures to ensure information is not accessed by unauthorised personnel and damaged, destroyed or misused. Access to your information is restricted and we have additional security measures used to protect your data.
We will keep your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes of fulfilling your enquiry or chosen product or service, as well as to fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations.
By law, we are required to keep basic information about our customers (e.g. contact details, proof of identity, financial and translation data) for six years after they cease being a customer and also for tax and contractual legal obligations.
- Your IP address
- Type and version of your device and internet browser
- The pages you visit on our website
- the time/date you accessed the website
- How you arrived on the website e.g. search engine, direct, social media
- How long you spent on the website
We will use the information collected via these cookies to improve our website and to track the effectiveness of marketing via third-party platforms such as Google Ads.
How you can manage your cookies
You can stop cookies from being placed on your device, however, this may prevent you from using some of the tools available on our website.
To change your cookie settings, please access your web browsers settings. All browsers are different and you can find out how to access and amend your cookie settings here.
Privacy policies of other third party websites
Our website may at times link to other websites for your information or convenience. These may operate independently from Oakheart Property Ltd. and therefore have their own privacy policies, which we recommend you review before accessing the sites.
Where websites are not owned or controlled by us, Oakheart Property Ltd. cannot be held responsible for their contact or data privacy practices.
Your data protection rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GRPR) law, you have the right to:
- Ask us for copies of the personal information we have stored about you.
- Ask us to amend the information if you believe it is inaccurate or complete information you feel is incomplete.
- Ask us to delete your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Ask us to transfer your personal data to another organisation in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay to exercise your rights and should you make a request we have one month to respond to you
Please contact us by emailing [email protected] or calling 01206 803 308 if you wish to make a request.
How to get in touch with Oakheart Property
How to contact the ICO
If you feel we have not addressed your privacy concerns in a satisfactory manner then you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office by writing to the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF or calling 0303 123 1113.
Updated: 29th September 2020
Updated: 29th September 2020